Marriage is a crown of many romantic relationships, and in the love of another human many people encounter God’s love for them most deeply. A celebration of your commitment to a loving relationship, in the presence of your wider family and friends, speaks forever of that holy way of life.
If you live within the parish of East Barnet or have a close connection to St Mary’s, East Barnet, and would like to enquire about booking a Wedding please contact us.
Sometimes it is not possible for a couple to hold a legal marriage ceremony in church. However, our ministers are committed to helping to celebrate God’s love for all people and marking this love whenever and wherever it is expressed in committed relationships.
If you would like to discuss a service of prayer and dedication after a civil marriage, or prayers for your civil partnership please contact us in the same way.
We are able to marry you:
- If you or your fiancé live in the local area to which we minister – our ‘parish’. You can confirm which parish you live in by entering you postcode at this site
- If you or your fiancé can prove you have a ‘qualifying connection’ to St Mary’s. That means if you can show that one of you has
- at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- was christened in the parish, or
- was confirmed and your confirmation entered in the register of confirmations for the parish (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or
- at any time regularly came to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months.
- or that one of your parents, at any time after you were born has
- lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- regularly came to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- or that one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish.
- If you of you or fiancé are entered on the ‘electoral roll’ at St Mary’s, which can happen if you regularly worship here at normal church services for a period of at least 6 months. This is the most secure way to establish a right to marry at St Mary’s, and is the route the registrar recommends if the other qualifying connections cannot be established.